Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Chaos

So, it's about two weeks before I'm supposed to leave for London. But as you've all probably heard by now, there are mass riots and just tons of horrible things going on England right now. I'm trying to stay calm and just have faith that it will be all sorted out by the time I get there, but it's really freaking me out to tell you the truth. I mean, I want to go very, very badly and have for a long time. But if my personal safety's going to be compromised once I'm there, or if I'm just going to be forced to just stay on campus all day while I'm there, then what's the point? I want to really experience London while I'm there, as I'm only there for a few months, and I'm afraid now that my chance to do so might be being ripped away from me prematurely. I'm just hoping beyond hope that I will get a normal study abroad experience while I'm there.

In other news, I am completely dreading packing. :/ I have sooo many clothes and with all the bagging restrictions, I'm looking at one free checked bag and the next one being $70. And if I go over the weight restrictions, it could be between $100-$200. Sooo yeah, I'm going to attempt to cram all of my clothes in my small suitcase and my one carry on bag. This shall be interesting lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment