Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Perfect Weekends: Part 1

These past couple of weekends have been so perfect. The weekend before last, I had a lazy Friday and just watched movies in bed and ordered pizza. But then that Saturday, Eve, Mo and I took a day trip to Cardiff, Wales. To be honest, I didn't really know too much about Cardiff or Wales in general, but wanted to make it to every country in the UK, and Wales was last on the list. Our day started off early, and to our dismay, we had to take a later bus than we hoped, and since it was a 3.5 hour ride, we didn't get there til almost 2. But it all worked out, rest assured. We started out by strolling through the Royal Arcade (an old Victorian shopping centre).

Then we went to this cool little shop for a quick bite to eat. I knew it was going to be good as they had theatre posters on the wall, including a Hairspray poster!




 Welsh is such a fascinating language; especially to look at.

We saw the oldest record store in the world!



Then we decided to visit Cardiff Castle. There was one other beautifulll looking castle outside the city in an ancient forest, but unfortunately, it would have taken about an hour to get there, and we had limited time. This castle was still cool though!



 Their mascot is a dragon for God's sake. That alone should have been an indicator to how awesome this city was going to be!

 Guess all my rebelling and back-talking caught up with me...

 Why yes I am that girl who wears flip-flops in November.





 The detail in this place was incredible. The pictures don't do it justice. (That is true for pretty much all of Cardiff btw).


 Me standing in front of the death stairs. Going up wasn't so bad because you couldn't see behind you, going down however, was another matter...

Then we took the bus down to Cardiff Bay, which was the perfect way to end the day. There were Torchwood and Dr. Who monuments (which excited Mo and Eve to no end) and some really pretty scenery!

 We got a really sweet Welsh man to take our picture!


The Millennium Centre where they hold concerts and art performances. Truly magical. And, it has the world's largest poem inscribed on it a couple different languages. ''In these stones, horizons sing.''

Cardiff was so cool! I'm so glad I can say I've been there! I'd definitely be interested in going back and exploring more of Wales!

3 comments:

  1. Did you go to the Torchwood base? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes haha, but it only meant something to my two friends that I went with cuz I don't watch the show lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can actually see it in the 3rd to last picture, the huge tall shiny building on the right

    ReplyDelete